we are pleased to invite you to join our first “YMAA Apulia Summer Stage”!
The Stage will last three full days, from Friday July 22 early morning to the evening of Sunday 24 and will take place in a nice farm in the countryside between the cities of Conversano and Turi, in the province of Bari, Puglia, in the south-east of Italy.
We will have both Taijiquan and Shaolin classes running in parallel, from 9,30 to 12,30 in the morning and from 16,00 to 19,00 in the afternoon, so you can enjoy 18 hours training of your favourite martial style!
Please read the camp info below and register as soon as possible: room places availability is limited!
You are expected to arrive at the camp location on Thursday 21 afternoon, we will have a first welcome meeting at 19,00 and then our dinner at 20,00.
- Camp Director: Pino Creanza, YMAA Apulia School Director.
- Camp Teacher: Enrico Tomei, resident student at the YMAA Retreat Center in California, where he practices Taijiquan and Shaolin Gongfu under the supervision of Master Yang Jwing-Ming, the founder of Yang Martial Arts Association (YMAA) and world renowned author of many books and DVDs about Chinese martial arts and Qigong.
- Teacher Assistants: Pino Creanza (Taijiquan); Davide Zupone (Shaolin Gongfu).
- YMAA students: 16€ per module (3 hours); only 72€ for the full 18 hours program (instead of 96€).
- Other students: 20€ per module (3 hours); only 90€ for the full 18 hours program (instead of 120€).
The camp location is “Masseria dei Monelli”, a farm in the countryside of Puglia region, south-east of Italy, 10 minutes driving from Conversano, a nice and quiet place were you can relax and enjoy your training and free time with good friends and good food.
You can reach Conversano from Puglia region head town Bari by train (Ferrovie Sud-Est). Bari has an international airport well connected to the railway station with a metro line. We can help you organising your transfer to/from the camp and solving any difficulty you could have.
Masseria dei Monelli is not a sport centre but a real farmhouse; nevertheles, it offers suitable spaces for our training, both outside and inside, so we can train in any weather condition.
Only two rooms with 4 and 5 beds maximum are available, so early registering is warmly recommended. The rooms have a private bathroom each. The cost of one night is 23€ per person, including breakfast.
In case of depletion of available places, camping will be allowed or you can stay in the neighbouring cities of Conversano and Turi and we will arrange your transportation back and forth to the camp site (or borrow you a bicycle...).
We can provide both lunch and dinner to the camp participants at a price of 12€ per meal. Please specify in the registration form if you have any allergy or special dietary requirement.
Registration and payment
Here is as it works:
- You send us an e-mail requesting to register for the camp, at email@example.com.
- We send you a confirmation of place availability and the registration form.
- You fill in your registration form and send it back to us.
- We validate your registration form and communicate you the exact amount to be paid.
- You make your payment by bank transfer (you can decide if you want to pay the full amount or half of it).
- When we receive your payment of at least half the due amount, we confirm your registration.
- In case you only paid half of the due amount, you will finalise your payment before the camp starts; the last opportunity is paying by cash when you join the camp on Thursday 21.
If you should for any reason renounce to participate to the camp you shall communicate your decision as soon as possible to the camp organisation. The money already paid by you will be returned subject to a penalty equal to:
- 30% of the total due amount if you communicate your withdrawal before June 30, 2016;
- 50% of the total due amount if you communicate your withdrawal after June 30, 2016.
Puglia is one of the most charming regions in Italy, offering you beautiful beaches, a wonderful countryside, a lot of historical sites and excellent food. If you decide to spend some more days here, you can easily reach (by train, bus or car) a lot of interesting destinations from Conversano, thanks to its central location, like for example:
- Castellana Grotte, with its renowned underground caves (12 Km).
- Polignano a Mare, a real gem lying on the rock cliffs over the sea (10 Km).
- Alberobello, the head town of the “trulli” valley, with its characteristic, conically shaped old houses (27 Km).
- Locorotondo (37 Km) and Cisternino (45 Km), with their beautiful historical centres.
- Martina Franca (41 Km), with its elegant baroque buildings.
If there will be a sufficient number of interested people, we can organize a oneday tour of the surroundings on Monday July 25. Price and program to be defined later (max 30/50€).
Pino Creanza pinocreanza[at]alice.it